| ABOUT US |
CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program of constantly varied, high intensity, functional movements that was developed to enhance an individual’s competency at all physical tasks, not just specific sports. CrossFit is by design, broad, general and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and punish the specialist.
CrossFit is designed for universal scalability making this a great program for any committed person regardless of experience. The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind. We have used the same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from a televised bout.
We scale the load and intensity; we don’t change the program. Our terrorist hunters, police officers, fire fighters and housewives have found their best fitness from the same regimens.
CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains.
- Endurance-The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina-The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength-The ability of a muscular unit or combination of muscular units to apply force.
- Flexibility-The ability to maximize the range of motion at any given joint.
- Power-The ability of a muscular unit or combination of muscular units to apply force in minimum time.
- Speed-The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination-The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a single distinct movement.
- Agility-The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance-The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy-The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
(Courtesy of CrossFit, Inc.